Thursday, August 01, 2013

A Sleepy Song

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sleep sweet, my dear
For we have a lifetime of concerns
To weigh out tomorrow
Some dreams to dream
Some hopes to borrow
 
In your slumber
Learn to trust your heart once more
Dare to love again
Open your hurting soul
Let me kiss away your pain
 
So you can sleep in peace
Never in fear of the constant judgment
Now being very respected
Being seen as valuable
No longer being rejected
 
I touch your face as you sleep
And so diligently, I pray for your heart
That all the hurts from the past
And those things that haunt you
Would fade away at last
 
And I pray for myself
That I would somehow be worthy of your love
Not listening to cluttering noise
Always guarding our bond
Keeping out that which destroys
 
So sleep my love
And I will as well cuddled up so close
Gone is any anxiety or fear
As you dream tonight in peace
Knowing I love you, my dear
 
 

No comments: