Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Forgotten Traveler

Headed sure, I was,
Your way one day,
Then sun went down
The cold wind, trees swayed.

I hurried by an empty lot
Familiar in the day’s heat.
Yet this night in deep they held
Such evil I could not repeat.

The darkness there
Loomed such secrets of fright -
I felt I’d come
Between enemies in fight.

.

Hoping to go unnoticed
I stepped quietly by there,
Then suddenly I heard a noise...
Of me they were now aware.

Instead of letting me pass,
Evil & Evil joined together
To aim their bitter hatred at me,
Though I was not the offender.

Turned quickly then
When I could take no more
And soon lost my way,
No longer headed to your door.

Chasing me deep into the wood,
I ran, not even dressed for going out.
I fell through an icy creek
And had no strength to shout.

The two of evil laughed together,
Spewing clouds of sulfur, they did.
Patched up their wicked fight;
Then they went off as friends…

Looking up from your book
You peered into the night,
Thought of me then forgot again,
Sat and continued to read by firelight.

No comments: